Friday, February 25, 2011

More interesting stories courtesy of the Metrolink...

This happened yesterday...So not only did I miss my train home from class by one minute, but it was raining and super cold and I was drenched from head to toe. Not fun. But anywho, that is not the story that I was going to tell.
While I was waiting for the next train to come (a whole 12 minutes of waiting to be exact. Thank goodness UMSL splurged and put in heat lamps), this girl stands next to me...she doesn't say anything at first and then she starts talking about the horrible weather, cuz well it is horrible. Then she starts telling me how she bought a snow shovel for the first time this year and how she is going to Louisville this summer for her best friend's wedding...seriously her whole life story. I wish I could say this is the first time this has happened to me, but it is not. I guess I have one of those faces that people feel they can talk to and tell their entire lives to.
Anyway, so then she asks me what I'm studying and I tell her I'm pre-med, and she proceeds to tell me to beware of my male counterparts in med school cuz they are assholes. Okay, I say, understandable based on some of the pre-med guys I have encountered. Then she tells me to not even bother dating any of them cuz you never know how they will turn out after med school and that all the doctors she has dates have been jerks. My first thought is doctors, plural? How many doctors has this girl dated? But before I could ask that question, she found a new random person to chat up...very strange this girl.

So then the train finally comes and as I get on a notice a guy selling Snickers bars...I guess ya gotta give it to the guy. I mean he's trying to make a living even if it is by selling candy bars he bought by the box for more money than they are worth to hungry rail riders. He wasn't pushy with his selling technique either. He just walked by and asked politely if I'd like to buy a candy bar. Unfortunately for him, I do not buy candy bars from strange people on trains so he did not get my money. Perhaps if he employed the technique of selling them for an odd price like $1.38 then maybe he would have sold more. It has been proven that people are more likely to part with their money if the price is odd. Why do you think items are always listed as $x.99 and not just $x?

Well those were my two interesting encounters yesterday that brought a little light into my rainy day haha. Here's hoping for warmer days soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment